Sunday, May 18, 2008

Admiring Anne

Admiring Anne is one way to describe how I feel about my wonderful niece. Annelise Joyce was born February 3, 1996 and I celebrated becoming an aunt for the third time. Janneke and Henry welcomed her with incredible love and attention, as only toddlers can. It did not take long for us to notice that Anne was designed and created by God to be wonderfully different than her outgoing sister and not even so much like her adventurous brother. Anne was full of life but more mysterious about how and when she would share that life with you. Anneleise learned and absorbed much from Janneke and Henry but has mastered living it out in her own fashion.

Anne has been an animal lover from the days she was less than 36 months old and was so proud when a Minnesota family named one of their calf's after her. Even today, Anna's wish lists contain almost only pet related requests. She has educated herself on animals of all sorts and has learned about the types, care, needs and risks of many animals. I have seen Anne's big heart as she has learned and shared about rescue programs for horses and dogs. I have seen her selfless spirit when her birthday list requested contributions for a local shelter which rescues animals. I have delighted in watching and experiencing my niece continue to grow and live in comfort with God's incredible design of her.

Anneliese is loyal, compassionate, caring and a fighter for those who do not have a voice. I smile when I see Anne enter into a family gathering and ever so quietly greets the adults and then often will pick up one of her younger cousins, with little fanfare or excitement, but with much interest and love. I smile when I see her eyes sparkle when she has a story to share or is scheming to surprise someone with a joke or bit of her teasing. She loves to join in on something which brings another a sense of joy or purpose and has shown over the years to be a very hard worker.

Anne has been one of two peas in a pod with her cousin Olivia and at any family event where one is the other is most often found. These two girls are as different as can be and yet understand one another as if they were twins separated at birth. Olivia and Anne are known to laugh with one another, share most if not all of life's happenings and have great plans for their future and sharing much, if not all of it together.

Anneliese Joyce, I love spending time with you, hearing of your dreams and desires to own and care for animals. I enjoy even more how you live in relationship to others. You have managed well as a middle child of five children and are honest about the good and the struggles of each relationship with your brother and sisters. I have seen you give your all and succeed in many things. You are gifted in soccer and I marvel at how when you decide to give your all to something, most often you do well. I love your quiet, stubborn, passionate spirit and I am eager to see how God's plan for you will unfold in your coming years.

I love you Anne ~ continue to dream big and believe!



No comments: